Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Alice in Wonderland Party Invites

A while ago I designed these invitations for an Alice in Wonderland themed party. The party was for teenagers around the ages of fourteen to seventeen, so I wanted the invitations to look a little more grown up and sophisticated, but still whimsical and fun. 

To incorporate the sophistication, I used some original illustrations from Lewis Carroll's book, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. They are complex and have a much more "adult" vibe to them opposed to the Disney cartoon. John Tenniel is the artists who drew these gorgeous illustrations. The black and red also adds a flare of sophistication. 

But the pop of light blue lends a more fun attitude to the invitation. A mix of simple serif typeface and more whimsical fonts in the same color created the perfect balance I was looking for. I came up with the wording and made another small tribute to the book by spelling exactly "exaketedly"-the way Lewis Carroll's characters spell and say it in Wonderland. Beneath the black box is the address. 

front of invitation

front of invitation
back of invitatino

back of invitation
Again, if you'd like me to design an invitation for you, let me know in the comments or email me. I'd LOVE to design something perfect for your party!

No comments:

Post a Comment